The following is what you will need to prepare one of the Critter Love® Salads:
- 2.5 gallon Rubbermaid Freezer Safe Container with lid.
- All Vegetables and Fruits in one of the salad mixtures. (Be sure to wash well and dry off)
- Large Spoon
- Gram Scale
Place your Rubbermaid container off to the side, but accessible, be sure the lid is off of it. Cut all foods into pieces. These pieces do not have to be that small. Chopping them is fine. Gliders can hold larger pieces of food.
- I make my salads around noon.
- Weigh all vegetables pieces and all fruit pieces and place in the Rubbermaid container.
- Take spoon and stir it around.
- Place lid on container and place in freezer.
- 2-3 hours later pull container out of freezer, remove lid, take spoon and stir again. This will make sure that none of the foods are freezing to each other.
- Do this for approx. 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly stirred.
- Place lid back on container put back in freezer.
- Take back out in 2-3 hours (which is feeding time anyway), take spoon, stir around, and scoop out what is needed to serve to gliders, put lid back on container, and place back in freezer.
- Do this one last time before going to bed.
- This mixture will last you a long time, if it is too large for you, you can cut the mixture down by decreasing the size of the amounts you put in by half.
- There is a conversion chart that gives amounts to make smaller amounts.
24g (2 Tbsp.) is actually the normal amount to be fed to gliders. Most tell you to feed 12g (1 Tbsp.) of mixed vegetables and 12g (1 Tbsp.) mixed fruits. My vegetables and fruits are combined in a container. This is an average serving size for adult gliders.
* Please note, these mixtures make a large amount of food. If you wish to make smaller portions just divide each item in half or if you wish to make larger quantities just double the amount on each portion.